











There's a place up in West Palm Beach called Lion Country Safari. It's a 500 acre drive-through wildlife preserve. It's like going on an African Safari but never leaving the good old USA. There were lots of animals we're familiar with - like the lions and zebras - but there were also exotic animals like nilgais, blackbucks and the mouflon...
Today was Dan's first trip there. We took Pete's car and forgot the stroller, so it was Dan's first outing walking on his own - or riding on Daddy's shoulders.
First, though, we spent about an hour driving through while the tour was narrated via CD. The animals mostly ignored us, but the zebras and ostriches walked right across the road in front of us. Today we had a rhinoceros get almost ,tooup close and personal.
If you're wondering why there's no pictures of lions - well, there was a fence. Pictures taken through a fence do not come out well. Pete remembers them roaming free when he was younger, which would have been something to see. Someone probably sued because their Beemer got scratched...
They also have a little theme park attached, with rides for toddlers, more animal exhibits and a nice get-wet area to keep cool in the stifling South Florida summer. We walked around, and we rode the carousel, train and flying elephants. We took lots and lots of pictures. I had to stop and delete so we'd have enough room for everything we'd want to take. And now that Pete is a contributor to Shutterstock, he wants me to start submitting some photos, too.
If you like these, you can see all 210 photos taken yesterday by clicking here.
We had a terrific time.

8 comments:
Fantastic pictures! I really love that top one, of your boys. :)
P.S. The first time around, the photo of you and Daniel didn't load on my computer - it's so sweet!
Wendy, I love these!! I want to go, too!!!
Great pics of Dan and Daddy and Dan and Mommy!!
And nice rhino's butt! ;)
Looks like such a fun time! Love the one of the two of you. And the rhino's butt made me LOL.
Love the pic of your two young men! And the one of Daniel feeding an animal!
It looks like such a fun place! I love the picture of the two of you.
I love the rhino butt...just seems so apropros, coming from you...
And the photos of you and Dan and Pete and Dan are fabulous!
What fun!! I really like the shot int he mirror on the merry go round! You all like you had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment