Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer

 
Posted by Picasa


What better way to kick off Summer Vacation than with a pool party? So we sent out the invitations...

 
Posted by Picasa


Baked a cake...

 


And right after school the party started!

 


Frozen ice pops helped beat the heat...

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Some of the girls enjoyed our blackberries...

 

 


There was hopscotch and hula hooping on the tennis court...

 


And Owen's Dad got the kids playing kickball...

 
Posted by Picasa


While some got away from the heat and got creative at the craft table...

 
Posted by Picasa


Dan ate peanut butter and jelly crustables...

 


Luc had fun playing with the pool noodles...

 


And Alyssa and Chloe enjoyed the watermelon while catching some rays...

 

 
Posted by Picasa


But without a doubt the most fun was had in the pool - especially with our newly-refurbished super duper slide!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


The line was often quite long...

 


But no one complained...

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Summer Rocks!

 
Posted by Picasa


It was an awesome party! Some kids cried that they didn't want to leave, another said it was the best party they'd ever been to, and everyone left with red eyes (thanks, Chlorine) to go home and, I'm sure, sleep well.


Did I throw this party for Daniel and the kids? Sure, that was a big part of it. But I also wanted to extend my time with these wonderful children whom I hold so dear. And I can't wait for Daniel's birthday party next month, when I'll get to see many of them again!




No comments: