Nothing makes a mother's heart stop like their child being injured.
Lorna and I had taken the girls shopping, and the boys hung out together. As we were pulling back onto our street I see Todd walking, Daniel in his arms. We stop the car and I try to turn off my brain, as Dan looks...limp. I take Dan, who I can now see and hear is crying, hard. His face is scraped from his forehead to the tip of his nose, and his knee is bleeding, too. We drive the short way back to the house, and I bring Dan in as Todd explains what happened...
Todd had decided to take the boys to a park about a half mile from the house. They were just yard away when Dan, running in flip flops, fell hard, flat on his face.
Poor guy was miserable. And so was Todd, after lugging Daniel's near-sixty pound body a half a mile.
Here he is, relaxing on the couch after some ibuprofen and ice cream - the medicine mix of champions...
Two hours later he was in the pool. The next day it already looked much better...
My poor buddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment