Daniel tried Broccoli once, about three years ago. It was so abhorrent to him. Since then we have used "Tastes like broccoli!" whenever Dan wanted a taste of something scrumptious we are eating in hopes of deterring him.
Okay, I never said it worked...
Tonight we went out to celebrate Mother's Day. Yes, it's nearly 2 weeks late, but the sickies had taken up residence in our house so this was the first night we all felt marginally well enough to go out.
Broccoli came with my entree, and it was very mild. I dipped it in butter (yeah, I know) and told Dan he could have another of my shrimp if he tasted it.
Not only did we not get the mortified face with the tongue stuck out as he wiped all traces as quickly as possible with no regard where the pieces landed, he actually asked for seconds. And thirds.
I think we need a new go-to phrase. Perhaps, "Tastes like liver!" I think we'll be safe with that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment