Sunday, March 31, 2013

Last Minute Easter

Yesterday was my Dad's 70th birthday, and by the time we got home from the birthday celebration I was too exhausted to help the Easter Bunny.   I've never really pushed the EB thing, but Dan's always believed in him (or her).   "Dan's 8," I told myself, "so he probably doesn't believe anymore anyway."  So, I went to bed, ignoring the pangs of mommy guilt. I was too tired to care.

I awoke at 5:30 the next morning.  As I lay there in my comfy bed, I remembered about EB.  So I got out of bed, put jelly beans and candy and small toys in eggs, made a basket from a few things I'd picked up and a few things I stole out of the playroom and re-gifted to him (I'm not the only one who does this, am I?), and hid eggs around the family room.

 
Dan didn't even notice when he first awoke.  Twenty minutes later he ran into my room to tell me the Easter Bunny had come. 
 
Turns out he does still believe. 





 
So glad EB and I went to the effort. 
 
 
 
 



No comments: