Thursday, August 28, 2008

Public Dumping...

 
Posted by Picasa


The other day I took Daniel to McDonald's. This particular McDonald's has kid-sized tables, so Dan likes to sit there either by himself or with another child while I am relegated to an adult-sized table.

There are several other Moms and kids there in various stages of eating and play. We're there a few minutes before Dan declares, in a very loud voice, "I HAVE TO TAKE A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE DUMP!", with special emphasis on the word "dump".

I surreptitiously look around, hoping against hope that no other mothers heard, or at least that I'd see laughing, smiling Moms. No, just blank stares. Crap.

Before I can say anything to Daniel he says, "HEY MOM! I HAVE TO TAKE A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE DUMP!", with special emphasis on the word "dump".

"Dan," I say, loudly enough for those other Moms to hear but still several decibels below Dan's declaration, "That is not appropriate. We say, 'Mom, I have to use the restroom,' or 'Mom, I need to go to the bathroom, please.' We do not use those words, and we do not shout in public places. Do you understand?"

And as I look at my cute little boy as he completely ignored me, I thought to myself that this is PRECISELY why when I was pregnant I told Pete he wasn't allowed to talk to the baby. Ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lololol

Anonymous said...

:snicker: