Thursday, September 18, 2008

I can't help it if my eyes are leaking...

 
Posted by Picasa



This morning Dan & I dropped Pete off at work, as we're getting some work done on my car today.

Pete stood at the door waving as we drove off; Dan & I waved back. We hadn't driven twenty feet before Dan said, "I miss Daddy...".

I asked if he'd like to call Daddy, and as I looked in the rearview mirror I noticed his face start to scrunch and his eyes begin to well up.

"Awww, are you going to cry, sweet pea?" I asked.

"No, I'm not going to cry. " he said, as he fought to keep from doing just that. "I'm just going to have some water come out of my eyes."

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww. He's handsome in those pictures too. Becoming such a little boy.

The story is adorable. Just remind him that it's okay to cry.

Erin said...

He is getting so big! It fun to watch our babies grow up, but sometimes hard to watch their baby features(both physical and emotional) slowly start to disappear.

Anonymous said...

I just love his point of view.

Zac's mommy said...

I love the things kids say.