Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Susie and Don! And Jared!

Last night we got together to celebrate Susie and Don's birthdays (It's also my nephew Jared's birthday, but we're not celebrating that as a family until next week, but Happy Birthday, buddy!).

Both Susie and Don are big Dolphins fans, so I used those colors for the cake. It may not be perfect, but I think I'm safe from an appearance on Cake Wrecks, at least for now...

 


Of course nearly every party in Florida turns into a pool party. We may be approaching Autumn, but apparently no one has told the oppressive heat hovering over the peninsula that it should am-scray.


 

 


It does, h oever, provide the opportunity for some seriously cute kid shots.

 
Posted by Picasa


I promise that the cake arrived at the party site sans fingerprints, but apparently when my back was turned a culprit or two (Dan and Don) couldn't resist. And Don, I've been told that you did it first. For shame!

 


I'd spent all day telling Daniel that he wouldn't get to blow out the candles today, that it was Aunt Susie's and Don's birthdays, so they would blow them out...

But Aunt Susie knows how to make her nephew happy.

 



 
Posted by Picasa


Happy Birthday to three of our favorite people! We love you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for pools and cake! :)