Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Easter Egg Hunt that Wasn't

 


Despite the big grin Dad displays here, he woke up sick on Easter morning.

Pete and I had spent the evening before watching Pride and Prejudice, and filling Easter Eggs. We got enough eggs ready for two hunts - the first for early in the morning when Dan wakes up. The second batch was our contribution to the family hunt, scheduled at Susie's house later Easter afternoon.

Dan had been coughing heavily, so the first time he got sick we hoped it was simply a result of the coughing. Pete was still sleeping, but Dad did find the basket the Easter Bunny had left.

Shortly afterward Dan got sick again, so after I woke Pete and gave him instructions on finishing up the ham and other foods we were bringing to Easter dinner, Dan and I headed off to the doctor. On Easter Sunday. I love our doctor!

Absent any other symptoms, said doctor seemed to think that Dan was not contagious, so off we went to Easter Dinner.

Dan didn't feel much like doing the Easter Egg hunt...

 


So Rick and Carol Lee stood in...

 


And made sure to share the spoils with the sick boy...

 


While the other kids went hunting themselves...

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


And, Dan slept...

 
Posted by Picasa


A week later, and we still have not done our own hunt. Dan is feeling much better, so perhaps we'll do it tomorrow...

No comments: