Friday, January 21, 2011

My Favorite Foot

 
Posted by Picasa


Tonight as we sat with friends at our kitchen table after a most yummy meal, I heard Daniel (playing his Wii in the playroom) shout and start to cry. I ran in and found him in a heap on the floor, wailing.

Through his tears I was eventually able to ascertain that he had accidentally kicked one of the buckets that hold his toys, stubbing his toe.

I lifted him into my arms (no easy feat, that) and carried him to the couch, rocking him in my arms. He resisted my attempts to examine said toe, and exclaimed, "Mom, you just don't UNDERSTAND! That was my FAVORITE foot!"

I turned my face away, because, well, there was no way not to laugh at that. "Oh, I didn't realize that...," I managed.

"Yes," he replied. "That's the one I use for hopping."

Well, then. It's my favorite foot, too.

No comments: