Monday, August 22, 2011
Second Grade, Day One...
In Daniel's entire life - including infancy - I've only ever had to wake him up to start the day once. And that day he was sick. Every other day he's been consistently up between 6:00 and 7:00, with 6:30 being the norm.
The last few weeks, though, he's been sleeping later. I found his DS in his bed one day, and after he admitted he'd been playing it in the middle of the night I confiscated it, thinking I'd found the reason. Not so much. Of course he may be doing something else in the middle of the night...I shudder to think!
This morning I awakened Daniel for only the second time in his life. He didn't wanna. He turned his back to me!
I persisted, though, and eventually he got out of bed...
After a shower, breakfast and a quick, last-minute hair trim that made him look mighty handsome, we left for school...
And as we posed together in the parking lot...
He ran into friends outside his building...
And was able to finally enter the classroom...
There's his teacher - the one I keep forgetting to get a posed photo with...
A great smile by the whiteboard...
Dan starts his first in-class assignment...
First time on the carpet introductions are made...
Dan, being Dan...
Lining up for recess...
Does that count as a subject?
Playing the name game...
Dan wins a prize!
It was a great first day. I was very pleased that the teacher didn't mind a few of us Moms being in the classroom. Two of my favorite Moms from last year join us this year, so we have a great team! It seems like a great group of kids - the first day of school and it sounded like ten kids in there instead of eighteen. Whew!
It's a big day- Dan's first football game is tonight. So we celebrated both the first day of school and his first football game with some afternoon ice cream, since he won't be able to join anyone after the game. It will end about his bedtime!
Let's go root for those Colts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment