Saturday, December 09, 2006

Squeezing in visits all over the place...











Daniel got to ride an airplane for the third time in two weeks as we embarked on a trip to the northeast for my cousin Cameron's Bar Mitzvah. We decided to fly to Hartford instead of Newark so we could squeeze in a visit with my mother, my sister and her family.

Dan did great on the plane, even taking a 2 hour nap. He did not enjoy the sensation of his ears popping on the descent, but that did not stop him from saying "Airplane! Airplane!" for the rest of the day.

We had decided to surprise my Mom, so we sent Daniel in first. She was, of course, thrilled (though I don't think she knew who he was right away). We've had a great few days together, but I didn't even pick up my camera (shocker, I know), so there aren't any pictures with her YET.

On Friday Deb, Bill, Cal, Adam, Dan & I drove down to NJ to spend the night before Cam's Bar Mitzvah. We were late getting in (rush hour, in New York, on a Friday!), so were starved when we pulled into the Longhorn for a late supper. Blech. Really. If only we had seen the Maggiano's across the street from the hotel!

My friend Lisa lives near where we were staying, so we squeezed in a visit with her when she dropped by the hotel with her daughter Alena for a late night playdate. Dan & Alena had alot of fun, and I think Adam did, too. There was lots of bed jumping, and mini-keyboard playing, vista viewing and laughs and giggles. See if you can choose the picture where Lisa realized that Dan had a poopy diaper...

Alena didn't want to leave, but Lisa bribed her with a promise to see the Christmas Tree. I'm so glad they came!

Special thanks to Lisa for putting up with my very unspecific plans. :)

9 comments:

Erin said...

Aww!! What fun!! Cute pictures!!

Lisa said...

:heart:

And yeah... umm.... you didn't get to witness the COMPLETE AND HORRIBLE TANTRUM Alena subsequently had down in the lobby of the hotel when I made her leave after looking at the Christmas tree (the bribe) for 15 minutes... but luckily, lots and lots of hotel patrons got to. They actually gathered and stared.

It was bad. Really really bad. It involved having to drag her out from under a couch at one point.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! :heart: Alena and Dan!

Wendy said...

Oh, Lisa! Sorry about the tantrum. Eek!

I almost don't believe it - she is so sweet and adorable. :D

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!!

Lisa said...

Lovely pictures, and I like the commentary. Lisa has such an expressive face :)

Emily said...

Love the pics, looks like it was a blast!

Cammie said...

I'm glad you guys got a chance to meet up!

Brandee said...

Look at those two cuties playing together!!! :heart: