








Every year Pete's family's church has an Italian Festival. It's their biggest fundraiser of the year. And every year Pete's grandmother - and now Pete's sister - runs the fried dough booth.
Even before Pete and I were together I worked the festival. Between the great people (Pete's sister and her husband, his cousins and their spouses and some good friends), the great music, the flowing beer and the general atmosphere, it's a roarin' good time.
Pete's cousin's wife, another friend & I are all Jewish. We always joke around that we have people in their proper places: the Jewis up front selling and the Italians in the back cooking. At the end of the night you're exhausted and covered in powdered sugar, and you look forward to the next time you get to do it.
This year there was much excitement because we got a dough press. That means that instead of having to roll the dough out by hand (backbreaking work!), a machine does the hard stuff.
To me the most exciting part was watching Dan have his first taste of fried dough.

5 comments:
Yummy!!! Looks like fun!!!
Sounds and looks like great people and great fun!
So did Dan like the fried dough? He looks a bit unsure in the pics.
It looks like a fantastic time and I'm loving Daniel's pictures on the boat, too.... my one complaint is that there aren't nearly enough photos of Wendy amongst all that dough...
It looks like a great time! Now I want fried dough!! ;)
Kate, he loved it. He had about 6 pieces. :)
Post a Comment