Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A hoverer just like Mama ...






In this world there are sitters and hoverers. I'm talking about using public bathrooms, of course. Some people wipe down the seat (I can only hope) and sit, figuring the chance of germ transmission is low. Some people hover, not willing to take that chance (I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that anyone with a Jewish mother is a hoverer). There is much dissention between the two camps, as sitters think the only germ transmission danger comes from hoverers not being neat.

There are times, though, when hovering just won't do. Perhaps you've been shopping all day and really need to take a rest. Perhaps you worked out the day before and your legs are tired. Or, perhaps you just need to do something we don't want to chat about and want to muffle the splash.

When a hoverer needs to sit and there none of those lovely toilet seat liners provided (if you ever travel in California, though, they are EVERYWHERE!), you must resort to the TP barrier.

Dan is just like me. I'm so proud!

Despite appearances, he's not ready to Potty Train yet. He's just starting to tell me when he's got a dirty diaper. I'm not pushing him - I'm just encouraging his love of the potty. He's a champion flusher, and the other day he wanted to take off his pants for the first time. Unfortunately, because Daddy likes his privacy Daniel is learning how to use the bathroom like a girl.

I think it's time Pete started letting Daniel join him for Toilet Time...

7 comments:

Lisa said...

very cute!!

Alena is picking up on my public restroom habits. We were in a McDonald's bathroom last week and after I was done she told me, "OK, Mommy, flush with your foot!"

Little sponges, these ones are. :)

Valerie said...

LOL...that is too funny! WTG Daniel!

Lisa said...

Cute!

You guys are so hung up on toilets. You know there are more germs in a dish cloth?

But then, I hear I'm crunchy........

Anonymous said...

so funny!!

PS Since you asked about the castle pics. You can click on the title of that post and it will take you to a website with pics. I forgot my camera when we went.

Brandee said...

Love the pics!! Love your little commentary! rofl

Daniel's going to be extremely appreciative that you've captured all this on camera someday. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL! So cute! He is well on his way to potty training with flair!

Erin said...

LOL!!!! Some of us carry disinfectant spray for little 2 year olds who move off the tp barrier. I would rather be Molly Maid for Emma than have her sit on that!!

I love his little outfit!