Friday, January 09, 2009

We need to work on our diction...

Dan asked me if there's an "a" in nair. I was thinking Nair like the hair remover, which was certainly odd for him to be asking about, since goodness knows t here's no need for that in THIS house. Ahem.

But Dan often asks me how to spell words that are odd, or only exist in his world. So I told him that yes, nair has an "a". And went back to cleaning the kitchen (okay, playing on Facebook...).

He draws this (yes, it's another restroom) and brings it over to show me:




So, he's showing it to me and I'm looking where he wrote "Ladies" and I see the words "Down Nar". Puzzled, I ask, "Dan, what's this? What's 'Down Nar'?"

He replies, "The ladies room is down nar and the men's room is down dar!"

I was laughing so hard I needed a restroom.

I love this kid.

As a bonus, here's one of the signs I'm finding all over the house:




Check out the detail...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL

You must save all of these. I wonder what he will think looking back someday.

Zac's mommy said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I cannot believe he is drawing things like that and WRITING WORDS!!! wow.

Zac, when he chooses to pick up a crayon and put it to paper, merely scribbles...not even in an intentional way.

I'm blown away.

(and the story made me laugh and laugh once my shock wore off)