Sunday, June 14, 2009

Conversation with G-d...

 
Posted by Picasa


Today my Dad picked us up and went for breakfast - a Sunday tradition when Dad's in town.

On the way back Dad and I are talking, and it finally entered my consciousness that Dan had been chattering away in the back seat for awhile.

I couldn't hear what he was saying, so I asked him.

"I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to G-d."

He apparently had been carrying on a conversation with the big Him. Over the next few minutes I was able to hear part of it...

"G-d, I don't like it when you go bowling and there's thunder and lightning with the rai. That's icky. Have SUNshowers so the plants can still drink. But no thunder. Okay?"

And, "G-d, what's your middle name? My middle name is THOMAS. What's yours?"

I'm not sure exactly what G-d's response was to the middle name question. I don't think I've ever heard of Him having a middle name.

But we did have a sunshower today. G-d was apparently listening.

No comments: