Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Wheels on the Bus...

Daniel hates loud noise. Buses make a great deal of noise, and last school year Daniel always went in the side entrance of school to avoid the noise.

He wasn't a bus rider last year. Being just slightly less than two miles away, we were not eligible. Imagine my surprise when, two days before school started, we got a postcard in the mail telling us when and where to meet the bus!

At orientation I inquired about the bus offer, and we discovered that we were on both the list eligible for bus service and the list NOT eligible for bus service. So I was told, ,basically, to do what we wanted.

Daniel was, surprisingly, desperate to ride the bus. Pete and I debated long and hard before deciding to give it a try, and if all went well, perhaps let Dan ride the bus once a week. After all, we've all heard horror stories about riding school buses, and I happen to really enjoy taking Daniel to school and picking him up.

So today, on the fourth day of school, we got up early to meet the bus. Dan was ready to go at 7:10 pm - twenty minutes before we needed to be at the corner, and 35 minutes before he's usually ready. He was excited!

When the bus pulled up he predictably put his hands over his ears...

 



He said hello to the driver...


 


...and turned for a photo opportunity...


 


And they were off...


I followed the bus (of course I did!), and was waiting to snap a photo of him disembarking...


 
Posted by Picasa



And getting on with his day.

 
Posted by Picasa



So, ladies and gentlemen, we have a bus rider.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You followed the bus? LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Andrew was afraid to ride the bus on the test trip for kindergarten, but ended up loving it. Congratulations to your new bus rider!