Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Healthy Easter...

 


Easter last year was memorable for us, but not in a good way.

Daniel woke up very sick, and Pete wound up bringing the ham and other goodies I'd prepared over to his sister's while I drove Daniel to the doctor.

We did wind up making it to the celebration, but Daniel spent most of the time sleeping. He missed the Easter egg hunt, playing with his cousins and the candy.



This year was very memorable, too, but for very good reasons.

Daniel awoke feeling wonderfully healthy, and after cuddling in bed for awhile went out and discovered that the Easter Bunny had left a really packed basket...

 



And his own little easter egg hunt...

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa



...and later, after a wonderful brunch, an easter egg hunt with some of his cousins...


 



 

 
Posted by Picasa



 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


 



A very cute group, doncha think?

 

 


I was very proud of Daniel for sharing some of his eggs with a younger cousin who didn't get so many...

 
Posted by Picasa


There was great food, there were traditional festivities, there was swimming in the pool, and there was a great time spent with dear friends and family.

When Daniel was told to get ready for bed he burst into tears. "It was such a great day," he cried, "I don't want it to be oooooooooveeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!!"

I love days like that.

1 comment:

Emily said...

looks like a great day! glad everyone was healthy this year. Daniel is looking so grown up these days.