I opened my eyes on Mother's Day to the sight of breakfast on my nightstand. An english muffin, lox and a diet coke - my normal Weight Watchers-friendly morning fare. Daniel scampered in a moment later, throwing his arms around me and wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.
As the sleep cleared from my brain I realized that Pete was still sleeping. Daniel had made me breakfast in bed himself! Who cared that the muffin wasn't toasted - I was so kvelling that my boy had thought of and executed breakfast in bed for me all on his own.
What a kid.
Dan joined me for breakfast in bed, and afterwards I was given some really terrific gifts. A manicure and pedicure from Pete, and this from Daniel:
Ahem. I'm totally sure Daniel had ME in mind when he chose this gift...
So, the other day I made it for him, er, myself...
He, er, I, loved it!
Love him.
When I was a kid we used to complain that there was a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, but no Kid's Day. My parents invariable replied "Every day is Kid's Day!"
That's true, to be sure. But I can't help feeling that now, for me, with such a wonderful, inspirational, kooky kid, that every day is Mother's Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment