Wednesday, May 04, 2011

What the.....?!!!

Last year getting Daniel to write ANYTHING during writing time at school was like pulling teeth. He didn't mind drawing the pictures, but writing the words to go along with the story was like getting him to eat broccoli.

This year has seen quite a turnaround. Daniel now loves to write, and has written several books. His teacher mentioned it in his portfolio conference, referencing his love to make Diary of a Wimpy Kid-style graphic novels.

He has recently started to emulate Captain Underpants, too. Today
I entered his classroom towards the end of the day, and he was eager to show me his new book, "The Live Lemon and Evil Tomato vs. Captain Underpants".

I share it with you here:

 

 

 


Um, WHAT?

 


Oh my G-d!

Me (pointing to The Word): Daniel, what is THAT?

Daniel: Oh. This is an adult book.

Me (already cursing Pete - in my head): Well, I'm going to have to hold onto this...

I immediately took a photo of the page and sent it to Pete.

He was so proud he posted it on Facebook, especially proud of his spelling prowess and proper contextual usage.

I am in soooooo much trouble!

Sigh. Here's the rest of the book, for your reading pleasure...


 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brandee said...

Wendy, this! is! HILARIOUS!!!