




Ahhh. A 3 hour nap. It was great! For Dan, of course.
He woke up a wee bit cranky. We went downstairs for milk, but he wanted no part of lunch. We made some iced tea, then he decided he did want some part of lunch. It's a toddler's prerogative to change his mind. He shared a veggie burger with Phoebe. Who really appreciated it.
A birthday would not be complete without JoJo, so Dan watched her for a few. Then, since the weather was not too great, there was lots of inside playing. Dan can't wait for Daddy to put together his new firefly adirondack chair. He likes playing with the package. After mowing the lawn and running around screaming, we kicked around a ball for awhile. Good stuff.
The weather cleared a bit, so we went for a short walk before meeting Daddy for dinner. Dan very much enjoyed his eggs, sausage and pancakes. You'd think he hadn't eaten in a week!
After dinner we went for another walk and saw 2 cats, lots of dogs and a friend or two. Back at home he got ready for bed, then we read "Hippos Go Berserk" and "The Little Train That Could". After a nice song, Dan's birthday came to an end. I shed a few tears, but all in all I kept it together.
We had a great day.

6 comments:
Happy Birthday!! :)
I can't believe Dan is already 2!! Wendy and Pete, he is a very beautiful little boy...
Love, Jackie S....
PS Lou and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary on the 28th!!
Wendy, I just love the picture of you and Dan together... such happy smiles!
And I'm proud that you have Dan mowing the lawn already while you run around screaming, good priorities there.
Happy Birthday, Dan!!!
Happy Birthday Daniel! I'm glad I found your site and can see pictures of your sweet baby:) Its so hard to believe that they are getting bigger everyday!
Kim (Hannahsmomma2004)
Awww...looks like a lot of fun for the birthday boy!
Post a Comment