Monday, September 18, 2006

Enjoying it while we can...












We hardly ever go to the beach. As with so many other Floridians, our lives keep us busy. Even if it didn't, Daniel is way too pale for us to spend much time there during the day.

I've always liked the beach at twilight, and at night. To me there's a feeling of serenity, and I never tire of watching the waves crash to shore. I've taken Dan down there alone or with other friends a few times, but this is the first time Pete was able to join us. Our friend Anny and a few of her friends met us too.

Dan absolutely loves playing in the water. He loves it when the waves come in, even if they knock him on his tush. He discovered tonight, though, that he doesn't much like the taste of sand...guess which picture THAT is...

Dan and Daddy built a sand castle, but mostly Dan just sat and let the water rush over him, or made sacrificial offerings of seaweed to the ocean gods. He also enjoyed spotting an airplane and a boat before heading back to the car.
Click here to watch some video ...

Hey, we're not going to be Floridians much longer. May as well enjoy the beach while we can...

4 comments:

Emily said...

Fabulous! Looks like a wonderful family time!!!!

Dan looks like he loves it!

Valerie said...

Cute! Looks like lots of fun! Mmmm...sand. ;)

Erin said...

Adorable!!!!! I love the comments you write. :)

Anonymous said...

Dan is just adorable! I love the looks of poor joy on his face. Yay for the beach!