















Our dear friend Ana Melissa decided to make an impromptu visit to Miami from her home in Panama. That sparked quick plans for a get together with those of us lucky enough to live near enough to make that trip Spouth of the Border into Miami-Dade County - aka Northern South America. Sweetening the pot was the chosen meeting place - Aventura Mall. Cha ching!
Yesterday Vanessa and Emma made the trip over from Naples to our house. Dan and Emma had lots of fun together and then tried really hard to out-laugh each other instead of sleep. After we separated them sleep came, first for the kids and then the exhausted Moms. Vanessa, good girl that she is, held her ground and resisted the temptation of freshly baked brownies. Thank goodness I didn't make Chewy Gooeys - no one is that strong...
This morning we got up, had breakfast and then headed South. The plan was to meet at the kids play area. We walked into the mall and there was no play area to be found. Instead there was construction going on all over the mall. Good thing Ana Melissa had her international cell phone or we never would have found each other!
We hooked up with Ana Melissa and spent a few minutes chatting. Daniel immediately went for Ana M's watch. What else is new? She was so nice to let him wear it. Ana M is so warm that Emma immediately loved her, and even let Ana pick her up. We got a drink at Starbucks and chatted, then went walking around the mall chatting. We went to lunch at Johnny Rocket's and chatted some more. The kids had fun climbing all over a few kiddie cars and a merry-go-round (see picture of Dan assuming the pooping position right on the merry-go-round) while we chatted. There's video of the kids on the merry-go-round. Click here to watch Dan & Emma on the carousel...
Daniel, in search of a toilet to flush, made a mad dash into the men's room. I covered my eyes and went in after him. Luckily there was no one in there... Typical Daniel...
We walked around a few more minutes after that, but since we had two very tired toddlers we decided to head home. We hugged Ana Melissa, said our "great to see you!"s and "Goodbye until next time!"s and crossed the border back to North America.
Dan & Emma held hands on the way back, too. So cute.

7 comments:
YAY!!!! What fun!!!! What a cute picture of E & D holding hands!!!
Fantastic day all around!
Wendy, I love that shirt on you! Tres sexy!
Just looks like a very smiley, happy time for everyone. :)
I am so jealous!! What a great visit for all of you!
I agree with Kate, love the shirt, Wendy! You look great! Vanessa and Ana Melissa--totally gorgeous as well.
Great pictures! I love Dan with his fingers in his ears :lol: and he and Emma holding hands. They're becoming quite great friends now, aren't they? :heart:
Such cute pictures!! Looks like so much fun. Dan and Emma look like such good buddies.
Wendy, I LOVE your hair!!! You look fabulous! So great to see all these pictures!
I am so glad you all had fun and I am sorry I couldn't make the trip down.
Awww...how cute! Love the pic of the kids holding hands! I wish we all could meet in person soon!
We had such a wonderful time! Thanks for hosting us Wendy and thanks Ana for taking time to come see us!
Looks like everyone had a fun time! I sure do miss all the ladies from the July board. It's great to know so many of us have continued friendships. FUN! :-)
Post a Comment