




Nearly 5000 miles later, Dan and I finally stumbled back through our own front door yesterday afternoon. Pete was calling me every half hour to get a locatioon report, and he and Phoebe were looking out the window when we pulled into the driveway.
Pete, Daniel and I had a very public, very kissy reunion. We walked into the house and Pete was proudly showing off the fruits of the laboring he did whilst we were away. He did a fantastic job! The color is great, the chair rail is great, the new shelves in the garage are already full... He had told me I wouldn't have much to do to clean up when I got home, but like most men he thinks that cleaning up a few areas and leavinng others in disarray is peachy.
Hey, I'm not complaining. I've got chair rail!
The ride home was uneventful, except the part where Dan took a poop on the floor of the hotel. I have pictures, of course, but have decided not to post them. If anyone wants to see them just let me know and I'll e-mail them.
As we were unloading the car Pete was shocked at how many crumbs, cheerios and raisins were in the car. He said, "What, did you just give him an open bag?????" Yup. Really, has he never ridden alone in a car with a toddler for 13 hours at a stretch? Oh, yeah. No.
Here are a few pictures from our journey. There are a few bathroom shots, but no poop.
A very special thanks to all those who opened their homes to us, all those who spent time with us, and all those who made our trip memorable. You're da bomb!
I can't get away with that, can I?

5 comments:
Awww!!! YAY for being home!
Yay for making it home! Dan is adorable!
LOL...love the toilet shots!
Glad you had a great trip and are safe at home. Now, relax for a few days!
Great pictures....Love the toliet paper one! I enjoyed reading your adventure!
long trip + toddler = mess
I know this all too well!
Post a Comment