










I don't know about you, but I just cannot bring myself to buy a pumpkin in a parking lot or grocery store. Growing up in the northeast we went to farms and walked the rows of pumpkins in the pumpkin patches to select the Perfect Pumpkin. I wanted a similar experience for Daniel. After much investigation, I found one place within 100 miles of our home where we might get a better experience than auto fumes or flourescent lights. In the rural part of South Dade, it just happened to be less than 10 miles from the Train museum. Serendipity!
While not exactly like the farms of the northeast, they had set up an area with a petting zoo, pony rides and a "patch" of pumpkins arranged in hay on the back of a platform trailer. Good enough. Dan really loved the petting zoo, and held his own on the pony ride. Click here to watch Dan on horseback. We all were hot and tired, and three of us fell asleep in t he car on the way home.
Good stuff.

2 comments:
Your post, and comments made MY heart smile. You sound like you had a nearly prefect day! Beautiful photographs....
I agree with Lisa!!
:cheerful:
Post a Comment