



Today was Dan's first day of school.
We decided to send him two morning a week so that he can benefit from the interaction with other children - his speech in particular. He makes steady improvement on his own, but we think it will be great for him. And my hairdresser will be thrilled because I'll be able to get in more than once every six months!
The director yesterday suggested a few tips for lessening the separation anxiety. Hah! He practically ran up the sidewalk. There's kids and toys there! Mommy WHO?
When I went back to pick him up he was happily playing outside. I spoke to the teacher, who said he didn't cry all day, ate well and was soooo cute.
When I went outside, knelt and called his name. He turned, smiled and came over to me with a huge smile on his face.
I honestly don't think he even realized I wasn't around for four hours.
Sigh. If only I was a drinker...

5 comments:
The first day is always harder for Mommy. As it should be.
Nice job, Wendy! You made a good, self-confident kid!
Now, pass the margaritas...
Sooooo very sweet! he looks so cute and grown up!
:sniff:
Hugs!
He couldn't possibley get any cuter!
He looks like such a cute little man on his first day!
AWWWW!!! He looks so grown up!! I am glad he had so much fun!!! :) Big Hugs for mommy!!! This growning up stuff is hard on us!
Post a Comment