Every year we help out at the Italian Festival Pete's family's church uses as their main fundraiser for the year. His family has run the fried dough booth there for twenty-five years, and I've been helping out for about twelve.
Last year I only worked one day because I was sick. This year Dan got really ill on Friday, so I didn't wind up working at all. It's a great deal of fun, and I'm sad I missed it.
Dan was feeling better by Sunday afternoon, so we went down and played a game or two and rode the carousel...
Shared a lollipop with Aunt Susie...
And we watched Daddy and the others work...
Powdered sugar sure makes a mess!
Aunt Susie has been working her butt off - and she still has another day to go...
We wound up going back the next day with Aunt Laura, Uncle David, Jared & Samantha and had a great time! He rode many more rides, but there are no pictures. I really wish I’d had my camera. First, of course, to get pictures of the fun. But that’s not the only reason. The kids got tickets for winning the games and could trade them for trinkets. The sign above where we went to redeem the tickets for trinkets said, “Redemtion”. At a Church festival. I am amused.
The festival is in a field at the school, and there’s not been great amounts of rain here lately. Dust. Lots of dust. Add a lollipop and some fried dough. Dan was F I L T H Y when we got back. I just hosed him down outside and sent him up for a nap.
If being tired and filthy is a measure of a good time, the Italian Festival was a twelve on a scale of one to ten.
Can't wait until next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Sounds like a great time after the sickies!
I am glad Dan felt better to enjoy some of the good times!
Glad you guys didn't miss all the fun being sick!
Glad to hear everyone's feeling better.
Post a Comment