Thursday, April 24, 2008

Have a plan...

 


Today Dan did not want to go to school. He was especially upset because he could not bring a Show and Tell item, as the school limits participation to once per week (he'd already brought something on Tuesday).

Dan: Mommy, I don't wanna go to school today.

Me: You don't? Why?

Dan: You're sick.

Me: I'm not sick, Dan. I'm healthy.

Dan: Am I sick?

Me: No, you're healthy, too.

Short pause.

Dan: I can't go to school today.


Me: You can't?

Dan: Miss Rosa's sleeping. School is closed.


Me: Miss Kathy is there.

Dan: No, she's sleeping, too.

Me: What about Miss Elin?

Dan: She's sleeping, too!!! School is closed!

Short pause.

Dan: We need to go to the donut store.

My boy always has a plan.

It's my duty as his mother to thwart it.

He went to school, of course. Shockingly, Miss Rosa, Miss Kathy and Miss Elin were all awake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFLOL!!!

Anonymous said...

A for effort Dan! LOL