Monday, October 06, 2008
Raindrops keep falling on my head...
Yesterday we had a late summer storm, the kind where it rains and rains but there's no thunder or lightning. The kids were already in their swimsuits, so we let them go have some fun in the rain.
Dan was reticent at first - he kept running out and running back to the safety of the porch...
The girls got raintans...
They discover the big puddle at the end of the driveway...
Oh, that's fun...
I remember doing the same thing after a major storm when I was a kid, except the entire street was flooded...
Gosh, they're having so much fun!
Dan was thrilled I let him go out without a shirt...
Rainy days often make me contemplative, and apparently I've passed this on...
And my love for relaxing just about anywhere...
The plumber's crack is all his own...
It's good to be a kid.
They followed up the fun with a swim in the pool, where the bleach likely killed any nefarious bacterium. Careful Mom that I am he went right from the pool into the bathtub, where he got a good scrubbing.
I'm so lucky to witness this life.
All of the photos from today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
I love his thinking pose! What a cutie! This makes me want to something carefree today. :)
It IS good to be a kid. :)
Post a Comment