Saturday, October 18, 2008

Young McDaniel had a farm...

 
Posted by Picasa


There is a park five minutes from us that has a farm with a petting zoo, stables, a general store and pony rides, in addition to playgrounds and the usual park fare. Embarrassingly enough I knew nothing of this until today, when we stumbled across this area on a fluke.

Things started out a little rough, as I would not allow Dan to go in the men's room by himself. There were tears and pleas and admonishments, and eventually he was able to give me an almost-smile when I told him to stick his tongue out at me.

 


Dan wasn't sure he wanted to go for a pony ride. I reminded him that he'd done it a couple of years ago and loved it. After watching for a few minutes and telling me he'd been a BABY the last time, he decided to do it.

But first we had to wait.


 


And wait.

 


Dan insisted on a boy pony. I could tell from twenty feet away that Uno was all boy.

 
Posted by Picasa


No, I did not take a picture of the proof.

 


After playing on the playground we relaxed on the porch of a historical building and made faces at each other.

 


Here Dan is putting mustaches on his knees.

 
Posted by Picasa


We were too late to do the petting zoo or see any of the other animals, but we were able to take the last train ride before they take a two month break. Tired from the heat and hungry as bears we mad our way home.

It was a good day. It would have been better about 20 degrees cooler, but at least we got to enjoy this sky...

\
 
Posted by Picasa



I took lots of great photos today. One of them may even be this year's holiday card. See if you can pick it out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great day!

Anonymous said...

What a great find for such a happy day!