Sunday, October 19, 2008

South Florida's version of a pumpkin patch...

 
Posted by Picasa


This is the face I get when I ask Daniel to pose for a photo. Instead of sticking his head through the hole he preferred to toss pumpkins through.


 


Really, his way is more fun.

Today we met friends Marco and Ella at the closest thing South Florida has to a pumpkin patch. At least this one is in a grassy area, so no parking lot lines appear in any photo, thank goodness.

We watched as they unloaded a semi full of pumpkins, and today they also had a bounce house, face painting and pumpkin painting.


 


This lady was in charge, and she had her hands full trying to get a group of about 100 mostly high schoolers to pay attention for the pumpkin line. The term pumpkin nazi came to mind, but I cannot use it since not everyone is a fan of Seinfeld.

But seriously, thank you and please go a long way.

 
Posted by Picasa


Dan wasn't very interested in choosing a pumpkin, which isn't really a bad thing. The pumpkin prices weren't completely unreasonable, but I'll still be buying ours at Publix or Costco, where they are cheaper.

He did enjoy the bounce house...


 


And painting a little pumpkin...

 


Pete, the artiste`, did have a small issue when Daniel started mixing his colors...

 
Posted by Picasa


The kids show off their masterpieces.

 
Posted by Picasa


The pumpkins were heavier than they looked...

 


But they made nice chairs.

 


Dan got tired of being a photo opportunity.

 
Posted by Picasa


I still would love to be able to find a real farm with a real pumpkin patch and to have to wear a sweater to ward off the chill, but we managed to have a good time.

And I still got lots of fun photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun! You did much better than us. We just got a pumpkin at Publix this year.