Monday, April 20, 2009

Dan turns 4.75...

 


Dan, like many 4 year-olds, is very anxious for his next birthday. Birthdays mean cake and presents and cake and fun and cake.

A few months ago he discovered he was four and a half, and since then has been greatly looking forward to turning 4 3/4, as that makes him that much closer to his 5th birthday. Which is 91 days away. I'll bet you can guess why I know that...

Some Moms I know bake a cake to celebrate their child's half birthdays, which is a really fun idea. Any excuse for cake, hmmm?

So, Dan's 4 3/4 birthday is today, and I made him a cake. Here it is!


 



No, we have not eaten any yet. I made him 3/4 of a cake. Which would look better if the frosting would have stuck to the inside cake part. Whatever.

 
Posted by Picasa


Dan was none too happy to be missing 1/4 of his cake. But a Mom has to have some fun, too...

That 1/4 cake is sitting in the kitchen. Whatever will I do with it????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute idea!