Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Poopfalls along the path of independence...

 
Posted by Picasa




Dan is going to be starting Kindergarten in August, and it occurred to me that it was time he started learning to wipe himself. Don't get me wrong - wiping his tushy is a sight to behold, but in the spirit of independent living it's time.

Today I instructed Dan on proper wiping technique, and as is understandable with any new experience Dan had a slight poop-on-thumb incident. I told him to wipe it with toilet paper, but he was so distressed he wiped it on his shirt.

That resulted in all the proper Mommy exclamations: "No! Not on your shirt! Oh, Dan!", which resulted in a torrent of tears from my horrified kidlet.

Mean Mommy that I am I burst into laughter, and as we were washing off the affected areas I explained that he'd have to go get a new shirt, otherwise he'd walk around smelling like poop all day. Other than our friends of the canine variety I don't know anyone who would enjoy that...

So Dan went and got a new shirt, and as he came back he uttered the prolific words, "Here's a shirt with no poopy. It smells better."

No comments: