Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Dan's 7th Birthday at our home away from home...
We've never been away from home for Daniel's birthday before, so it's been a delight to be able to make his day really special. I don't normally put a great deal of effort into his birthday-day cake, saving my energies for his party cake.
Nevertheless, far from home and equipped only with some white frosting, food coloring and a couple of plastic bags, I was able to make Dan a poor imitation of an Angry Birds cake. Made me very happy I've decided to use fondant for the party cake!
Dan thoguht it was great, and that's all that really matters!
And even though we were far from home, I brought the Happy Birthday banner that has hung for every birthday since Dan's first. See the letters? Those are made up of montages of photos from Daniel's first year...
I'm thinking Dan will let me put it up for one more year. Here's hoping!
The birthday boy, ready to open more gifts. The first one is his new favorite game, thanks to Nana...
Yaya and Poppy thrilled him with this cool Lego beach house set...
We got him a piece for his Thomas set that he was coveting, but between you and me I think the Thomas craze is just about over...
We redeemed ourselves with the very fun Angry Birds game, and a poster to go along with it...
And, finally, cake:
This seventh year is off to a great start. Happy Birthday, buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment