Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Seven is my favorite number...

The moment I was blessed with everything I never knew I always wanted:



Dan turns 1...





His second birthday...



As he turns three, the babyness is mostly gone...



And on his fourth birthday he is fully in little boy mode...





His fifth birthday was his "funnest day ever!" And I saw glimpses of the man he'll one day become...






On his sixth birthday I marveled at the joy he brings us...



And today, on his seventh birthday, he exerts his independence more and more...


When I was a little girl I remember that my favorite number was always the number that corresponded with my age: Five was my favorite number when I was five, siz when I was six... When I was seven it was no different. I loved seven!

I decided, though, to do an experiment to see if the pattern would hold. I decided to do everything in my power to hate the number eight. I would walk around and say to myself, "I hate eight! I hate eight!"

And wouldn't you know that my experiment was a success. Since then seven has always been my favorite number, and I hate eight...

Dan, I hope you enjoy being seven as much as I did. And really, there's no need to hate eight.

Another year older! Another year closer to the day I have to push him out of the nest so he can fly on his own...

But not yet.

No comments: