Tuesday, July 05, 2011
Parting is such sweet sorrow...
Love. True love.
That is what Daniel feels for his newest cousin, Aston.
From Ohio, he, his sperm donor and incubator (what we may as well call them, as I'm not sure Daniel even knows their names)are visiting this week, much to Daniel's delight.
Daniel was upset that they were here three days before we got to see him.
And from the moment he laid eyes on his little cousin, Daniel was white on rice.
Always wanting to hold him.
Always wanting to kiss him.
Always wanting to play with him.
And as we drove away after saying goodbye for the last time before their journey home tomorrow, he cried.
As did I.
I'm sure G-d has a good reason for not giving Dan a little brother or sister, but I sure as heck don't understand it.
I'm sure He knows what He's doing, and I'm sure glad I don't have to deal with all that sibling rivalry and the daily his-piece-is-bigger-than-mine extravaganzas, but gosh.
I would have dealt.
And, in the end, I'm sure Dan will have brothers-by-another-mother. And several cousins he adores.
And I was lucky enough to be lent one terrific Petelet.
Thank you, G-d. That's enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment