This morning Pete did this, but he locked the door to keep Dan out. Dan knows how to lock doors now. So well that downstairs I keep a shishkebob skewer on a table near the bathroom so that I can put the skewer in the small hole to unlock it, as Dan has locked the door many, many times.
Anyhoo, Dan and I realized the bedroom door was locked when we tried to open it on our way downstairs for breakfast. We went downstairs, had breakfast and afterwards Dan was playing while I was here and reading e-mails.
A little while later Pete yells down, "Hey, hon. Thanks for unlocking the door so he could wake me up!" He was irked.
I said, "Um, I did not do that. Daniel must have."
Pete says, "Oh yeah. Daniel went downstairs, got the skewer (which Pete was wielding) and figured out how to unlock it by himself! Bullshit!"
I say, "Yes, that must be what happened. I DID NOT do it. I swear."
Pete, "Stop kidding around! I know you did it!"
Me, "No. I swear. On Daniel's LIFE. I did not do it."
This went on for a few minutes before it sunk in through Pete's big head that Daniel did, indeed, do the following:
1. Realize that the door is locked.
2. Recollect that sometimes the bathroom door downstairs is locked.
3. Remember where Mommy keeps the skewer.
4. Take the skewer and go back upstairs.
5. Work the skewer into the hole in the doorknob until it popped.
6. Opened the door.
Pete and I laughed for a long time. And we're strangely proud. :)
Here's a few pictures from the park today.


4 comments:
great pics of your little smarty!
I would be so proud too!
Love the first pic!
Way to go, Daniel!! VERY smart!!
It's nice to know that, if all else fails, Daniel can hone these skills and have a lucrative career in the field of unauthorized borrowing and resale...
Post a Comment