Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Nastyman rides again...

I can count on one hand the number of times that Daniel has awoken from a nap crying, or in a bad mood. Yesterday was one of those days. He was crying and whiny and clingy and, well, two. When he does this I assume that the aliens have, as Pete predicted, actually arrived and switched my child for some evil clone of my darling boy. When Pete behaved this way as a little boy his mother called him Nastyman.

So today I decided, evil Mommy that I am, to bring the camera when I went to get him. Pete was hoping I'd actually be able to capture the aliens on film so that he could be in a Discovery Channel Nerdumentary. I was just hoping to be able to gather evidence of a Nastyman moment to use as leverage. For what, you ask? Well, so that when he's sixteen and wants to hang with his buddies on my birthday I can threaten to show the Nastyman collection to his cute little girlfriend.

I shall be prepared for adolescence, my friends. Will you?

It's all moot, anyway. Either I missed the aliens when they switched him back, or he was able to overpower their influence. I know this because I had to wake him up, and this is the face that greeted me.










6 comments:

Emily said...

such a sweet sleepy boy

love the bedhead!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

:) I see Happyman!

Unknown said...

Awwww now I see them!!

Brandee said...

What a sweetheart!!!

Kate said...

I just hate when I was hoping for a good tantrum and end up with happiness and light instead. Just so unfair... ;)