Not so this year.
We did go to a wonderful party on Sunday, spending time with Pete's family and our friends. Other than that, though, we just hung out at home. We went to the pool. We played outside. Meals were more grazing than sit-down planned meals. We just winged it.
A special thank you and 21 flag salute to all of the military personnel and their families, past and present, who have sacrificed so much to secure our way of life. I remember you. Andfor those currently serving, I hope you are home soon.
Here are a few of my favorite images of the weekend.
At Sunday's party...
Rick, still recovering from a horrible car crash, shows us how he feels about me whipping his butt at Scrabble. No mercy for the gimpy here, dude.
A very tired Daniel with a squishy face, being held by Yaya.
Pete, being Pete.
Deborah with Sureyya.
Carol Lee looking windswept and lovely.
Evan showing his Mom how well he'll be able to handle a Harley, as Sydni stands by.
These pictures are from Monday's visit to the pool with friends Ella, Marco and Philip.
Here's Dan and Ella.
Dan going in for a kiss of apology, after bopping her on the head for no good reason.
I don't think this duck realizes how lucky he is - he's on one side of the fence, four wily toddlers on the other. That's one lucky duck.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the weekend. This is Dan giving Pete his patented "I know you don't want me to do/have it but I'm betting that if I give you my most brilliant smile I shall persuade you" look.
It worked.


3 comments:
Looks like an amazing and very fun, relaxing, fly by the seat of your pants weekend. LOVE the last pic of Daniel He has a contagious smile!
It looks like a wonderful weekend!
Unplanned weekends can be so fantastic, looks like yours was. I love that last pic... but where is a shot of the wonderful lady behind the camera. ;)
Post a Comment