Sunday, June 17, 2007

Every day is Father's Day...

Father's Day dawned early for Daniel and I.

 
Posted by Picasa




We let Pete sleep in. We had a nice breakfast at home, and Pete got his gifts...


A finger painting with his hand and footprints (thanks for the idea, Gina!):
 
Posted by Picasa



Here Pete sports his new FSU cap, and a tie (no, it's NOT a fish!) with Dan's handprints, made at school.
 
Posted by Picasa



Here's a poem I wrote for Pete. If you want to read the text click here.

 
Posted by Picasa



Afterwards I asked Pete to get Dan dressed. He said, "Hey! It's FATHER'S Day!"

My response: "Does that mean you stop BEING a father on Father's Day?"

And off to get him dressed he went...

The rest of the morning was spent hanging around together, playing and having fun.

 
 
Posted by Picasa



While Dan and I went swimming, Pete gave ME a Father's Day present and framed out the mirrors in two of the three bathrooms. They look FANTASTIC, but you'll to take my word for it until I take pictures.



We had supper at my Dad's, and Dan had a great time with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Dave and Uncle Jeff. Grandpa loved the Rhubarb pie I baked from scratch. Dan had made finger painted cards for all the men, and they were duly impressed (please don't tell them I helped!).

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa



So, it was a good day. I hope yours was, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such fun daddy/son pictures!

Emily said...

Great photos!! Yay for a great day!!