Thursday, August 13, 2009
Art Camp and Restrooms...
Dan loves to draw. Of course 90% of his masterpieces involve restrooms and urinals, but then art is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?
Art Camp was a no-brainer for us. Only offered for one week in the summer, I just knew Dan would love it. He'd been wanting to go to camp like his cousins, so we skipped a session of swim lessons and signed him up.
The first day Dan was a bit disappointed by the size of the camp (small - only about ten kids), and he was a bit reluctant for me to go. I had to wait a full five minutes before he gave the okay for me to leave...
There were a few incidents as the days went by. First, Dan did not want to sit next to girls. Oh, how that will change...
Also, the teacher was a bit perplexed by his penchant for drawing restrooms. But really, who can blame her?
The other incident involved - you guessed it - the restroom. Dan was quite excited to find a urinal in the men's restroom. I let him go in alone because no one else was in the building. When he was taking a bit too long I opened the door and caught him red-handed holding that deodorizer thingy that sits in the urinal. At least he wasn't touching it directly - he'd taken a paper towel in his hand and used that to lift it. Still, quite a big no no.
I think I am the only mother who has to discipline he rson by taking away the privilege of going into restrooms.
Sigh.
All in all it was a wonderful experience for Dan, and he wanted to go back "every day". He'll have to wait until next year. Perhaps by then he'll expand his repetiore...
No, probably not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment