Monday, August 17, 2009

Gutter Guards are a 5 year-old's friend...

 
Posted by Picasa


Dan has a toy bowling set, and he loves it. He's been asking me for awhile to go bowling, but I was concerned that the ball would still be too heavy for me. Then I flashed back to memories of my own, standing legs apart, ball in both hands. I'd swing my arms back, letting the momentum carry the ball. I'd release it with a thud, and watch it bounce before slowly inching it's way into the gutter. I'd wind up with scores like 37, but it was still fun.

Deciding that Dan could handle it, I found an alley pretty close to home that seemed very kid-friendly. We went just to look around, and we wound up being given a free game to bowl.

No, Dan could not pick up the ball with his fingers in the holes, and he needed both hands to carry it. That didn't dampen his spirits at all. He loved it! And he was lucky enough not to get any gutter balls, thanks to the invention of gutter guards.

I only wish I could save him from all of life's gutters.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Gutter guards are a good invention.