Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Give a Ghoul a Hand...

Pete found this fun primer for a ghoulishly gross meat loaf hand and asked me to recreate it. I did tonight, and it was a big hit, even if it didn't look too appetizing.

Dan was delighted.

 


It was ugly, but it tasted yummy!

 


Yes, it is smooshed into a pile of mashed potatoes.

 


Dan wanted to see how his hand measured up. Thankfully it was a lot smaller. And less crispy.

 
Posted by Picasa


There was little left over, and even that I'm sure will be gone before Pete's head hits the pillow tonight.

 
Posted by Picasa


For those who want to make it, just use your favorite meat loaf recipe. I adjusted it to add less milk to keep it dryer.

I didn't use the mold seen in the primer - I just molded it by hand. I peeled layers off of a small onion and stuck it in the back end to look like bone sticking pout. Lovely bit of creep, there. Regular onion slices cut to shape are used for the fingernails...

 


Then I cut up provolone to add that extra crispiness - and creepiness.

 


The I just basted it with ketchup. Next time I'll not put ketchup over the onion fingernails, as they don't show up translucent with the ssauce.

 

 
Posted by Picasa


After cooking it I had to use paper towels to sop up some of the grease, then piped in the mashed potatoes.

 
Posted by Picasa


Enjoy!

No comments: