Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Apple happy...
I've passed an orchard numerous times on my trips to my sister's over the past ten-plus years, and have always wanted to stop in. Since I'm mostly here in the dead of winter I've usually been out of luck. Not this time...
Sure, it was cold and drizzly, but who cares? The fact that there was nearly a peck of apples already at the house? So what?
As I watched Daniel walk through the orchard, exclaiming about the smelly horse over there, and the funny looking trees right here, and the cool wooden train put there just for him, I was overcome with nostalgia, and a feeling of gratitude so strong it almost took my breath away.
Between the mangled branches with their ripe fruit, the trees in the distance still showing a hint of the brilliant autumn color of a few weeks before, and the two gorgeous men I was with...wow.
G-d does some really beautiful work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment