Friday, November 06, 2009

The best day you'll never see...

 


The weather forecast called for blustery winds, with temperatures around 80 degrees. After so many months of 90+ heat and no breeze, I was ecstatic.

So I picked Daniel up from school and drove straight to the beach - the best place in the world to be on a blustery day. I don't know what it is about being on the beach when the air is cool, the wind is whipping and the surf is pounding, but it is sooooo good for my soul.

So very good.

I'd hidden the beach gear in the back, and told Dan we were going to a pickle store. He began to suspect the truth as soon as we crossed the Intercoastal Waterway. Smart kid.

We quickly changed into our suits, grabbed our gear and ran onto the nearly deserted beach. We were laughing and giggling and rushing to throw down our stuff and get our butts into the water.

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


The battery on my camera ran out after about ten minutes, and that's when the real fun began. We spent the afternoon playing in the very rough surf, running to put more money in the parking meter, looking at jellyfish, running to put more money in the parking meter, and getting sand in all the wrong places.

It was the best day I've had in a long, long time.

Here are all of the photos from today. Well, the first ten minutes, anyway.

No comments: