Sunday, November 15, 2009
Not quite Pele...
Dan's first day of soccer was...interesting.
This is his first foray into the sporting world, organized or not. Pete shows no interest in any sport other than college football, and I have the athletic ability of a paraplegic banana, so sports have not been a focus here.
That showed today. Which is fine - everyone has to start somewhere.
At first Dan ran the cones properly...
Then he realized it was much faster to just kick the ball as far as he could and not bother with those pesky cones...
What I found really amusing was how the kids would be running after the ball, and as they ran one would turn to the kid running next to him and say something like, "How old are you?" Or "I'm taller than you." Or, "Did you see Astro Boy?"
My favorite was, "So, you're a robot? Cool!"
Daniel quickly lost interest. He'd walk off the field and declare that he's tired...
Or he'd just stand there on the field, stick out his tongue and look at the crazy kids running after the ball at the other end of the field. It almost seemed like he was thinking, "Why are you running all over the field? If you just stand still like me the ball will eventually come back, and you don't have to do all that running!"
I'd never think that. Not a great soccer Mom like me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
These kids are definitely a source of non-stop amusement. I hope he at least had fun! :)
Post a Comment