Sunday, October 21, 2007

Let them get away ...

 
Posted by Picasa



Pete has gone fishing several times since we got here. He had a lovely rainbow trout on the line once, but it broke the line and got away...

Twice he got tiny little fish that clamped onto the worm, but not the hook...

Yesterday was his last chance to catch a fish. The three of us went down to the lake in the fading sunlight, when the fish as most apt to feed.

We climbed the rocks and Pete cast out a line, and we watched the sun light up the changing leaves, creating a rainbow of glistening color.

Still, the fish weren't biting...Pete hadn't even seen one fish...

Daniel started throwing rocks into the water. He was having a grand time. Pete started throwing rocks with him. I started throwing rocks. The squeals of laughter carried across the lake.

I saw someone dumping several fish into the lake. I'm not sure if they were stocking it, or just throwing back some that were too small or that were more than they needed. I mentioned it to Pete, that perhaps he could catch one of those.

He said he was too busy having fun with his son.

Yeah.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa



4 comments:

Emily said...

heartwarming pics!!! absolutely wonderful memories to be cherished forever. i love father/child pics!

Anonymous said...

Throwing rocks in a lake is good for the sould. I love all these pics and reading of the wonderful time you all had. Dan looks in heaven!

Kate said...

Really lovely photos, one and all. The farm, gemming, rock-fishing... just wonderful.

I'm so glad you had such a fantastic vacation. Ready to start planning the next one yet??

Erin said...

Awwww!! What great pictures!!! It looks like you had a wonderful time!!!