Last year Dan didn't make it to one school holiday party. He just happened to be sick the day of each one, so we missed out on something that I'd been looking forward to doing with my own child ever since going with my sister to my nephew Cal's preschool parties when he was a tiny tot (he's 15 now...).
The school only allows 2 parents to help with these parties, and I was the 3rd to ask. It never occurred to me that I wouldn't be allowed to attend, but the school is very small, so I grudgingly understood.
Still, I showed up at the allotted time and there were several parents there taking pictures. They made an announcement that the parents needed to go, but I just started helping set up the tables and such, and stayed. I figured better to ask forgiveness than permission, right?
So I got to stay for the whole thing. And afterwards the Director thanked me for helping, and made a comment about the parents who just want to take pictures and don't even offer to help.
And, Daniel actually wore his costume! I had spent some time preparing him this am, and explained that by wearing the cookie costume he'd get to eat a few cookies.
He got a little bored with the stories, so found a way to amuse himself.
Daniel gets ready to dig into the special treats...there was so much sugar I'll be shocked if any child in attendance naps today!
Daniel got to taste apple juice for the first time today. When asked if he wanted water instead, he answered a very decisive "No."
The beautiful Anna samples one of the cookies Daniel and I made yesterday.
The kids did a costume parade to show the older kids their costumes.
The class...
The rest of today's pictures...
I think Daniel had almost as fun as I did...


3 comments:
Awww... look at all the little cuties dressed up! Yay Dan for wearing your costume! How fun!
Looks like lots of fun. That first picture is especially cute!
Cute little cookie!!!
Post a Comment