We got there early, and there were activities set up for the kids. Dan spent a few minutes in the bounce house. Neither the big kids nor the rain streaming in deterred his fun.
They served burritos and chips. Dan wasn't impressed.
It was great to see some very good friends that I hadn't seen in quite awhile. Here's my good friend Marguerite, and her husband Jack.
Oh, wait. This is Marguerite with Jack.
Luckily, it stopped raining before the walk itself. I had kept us pretty well covered with the umbrella, so Dan hardly got wet. He hung out in the stroller, but held the lit balloon the entire time.
The walk route was right along the New River where many boats were seen, and crossed railroad tracks, where no trains were seen. Still, he was delighted.
I wish you all could see how impressive it was, all of the lit balloons in the darkness...
Here's Marguerite with Jerri, my dear friend and the lovely wife of James, the namesake of our James Gang team.
The three of us together, just like old times. Of course they're the old ones. I'm much, much younger.
Another picture of Dan. Just because it's his blog.
Our team raised over $8000, so thank you to all who donated or sent positive thoughts and prayers.
I'm going to ask for more prayers, though. James hasn't been feeling well the past few days. He just didn't have the energy to make it to the walk, which he was soooo looking forward to.
Wouldn't it be great if it were "just" the flu? Feel better, friend.


2 comments:
I am glad it was such a success! I hope your friend is okay.
P&PT for James. Yay for a successful evening! Great pics!
Post a Comment