This week has been consumed with Halloween preparations, and they're still in full swing. Dan's costume is made, various Halloween Hoe-Downs and festivals are being attended, cookies are baking and the Jack-O-Lantern is cut and lit. The seeds will be baked tomorrow.
I'm exhausted.
Daniel hates his costume. We brought it to both festivals we attended, and he wore it for a grand total of 4 minutes. I'm hopeful that by Wednesday he'll be willing to wear it Trick-or-Treating, but even if he doesn't we'll deal. He did really enjoy the "Decorate your Own Cookie" booth at the How-Down (a gooey mess), and loved the Gymboree slide at the Children's Museum event.
Tonight we made our Jack-O-Lantern. Pete made the design, and it was my job to pull out the gooey mess inside. We did persuade Dan to give it a try, but he was not enchanted and decided to wipe his gooey mess on me.
Tomorrow is his school party. I've baked some cookies which fit the Halloween theme, given they're a little burnt. The other cookies I made can't possibly be sent to school. The teachers would give me very dirty looks. Why? Well, if you ever want to use caramel to frost some pumpkin cookies, don't. Can you say gooey mess? Well, at least they're a yummy gooey mess...
Gooey messes are good.
Next time we'll skip the black marker.


1 comment:
Halloween sure is fun around your place! :)
Post a Comment